Friday, December 6, 2013

I have power to choose




I always thought that some people are just happy naturally, that actual happiness isn't a skill one can learn and develop. What I've learned is that we choose to fight to be happy, to fight to be positive just like I fought to change the way I thought, felt, and viewed my body. I grew up thinking how my life could be worse. I thought long and hard about all the horrible, evil, and awful things that could have happened to me and have happened all over the world. These things gave me horrible nightmares and brought so much darkness in my life in times I needed love, light, and optimism. I won't be that mom who says, "eat your food and be grateful because there are starving kids in AFRICA." It's not healthy and it isn't relevant all over the world. I want my kids to see the world, to see the joy people have even in the most dying circumstances. I don't want to take away there intuition, the ability to make a choice. Does this make any sense, I hope it does.

Trials come and they go, one second our live is going smoothly and right when we think life couldn't be better, it gets flipped upside down and the foundation we have build feels like it can crumble at any second. At times in my life I've tried to just endure my trials, get through them as fast as I can and even live each day numb. At times I've tried to get through them not really ever learning what I needed to learn. I feel like some trials came several times so that I would wake up and learn what I needed to learn the first time. There is so much to gain in trials and the best thing is that we are never alone. In each trial I have, I've made a new best friend, have learned the power of letting others SERVE YOU, HUMILITY and a lot about my OWN STRENGTH. I am a fighter and know I will keep this fight in whichever circumstance I face. There has been times I thought I would give up, but I still have not.

I FIGHT!!! TODAY I choose to fight to CREATE A LIFE I LOVE!

I am happy to have a healthy baby boy, to be married to my best friend, to have the parents and family I have, to have great friends, to have so much love and support from my church, to have the knowledge to pray, to have a hope and faith that this life doesn't end with death, that my body is beautiful, that happiness is a state of mind no matter the circumstance. To thank my body for caring my body and staying strong after all the abuse I gave it.

Today I live for a HEALTHY MIND AND HEALTHY BODY.





No comments:

Post a Comment