Monday, May 5, 2014

A summer I will never forget



We are heading to Massachusetts soon and I am getting pretty excited. Westin is driving right now and I will be flying out there shortly. Traveling with little Eastin in that 30 hr.+ treck wasn't going to happen along with being pregnant too. I can't wait to show Westin  all my old memories of where I went to school, the houses I lived in and all my favorite things about this great state. It's a place where I grew the most and am so grateful my family moved there when I was 12 years old. How exciting it is to go back after 7 years. This place has always been home for me in a lot of ways and a place I take great pride in. I had lot of ups and downs here but learned what I am capable of. I am excited to see old friends that still live in the area and to reconnect and re-live so many memories. I shed lots of teenage tears here but a lot of great laughs.

Here are few things that are my absolute favorites:


I love the minute man bike path from Somerville  to Concord. I biked this several times a summer until I can remember. We would always stop in Lexington and get ice cream and go to a cheese factory in Concord where I would try 30 year old cheese that tasted so delicious.

I love taking the subway to any of Boston's finest areas. Finway park, Newbery street, south station, the north end, hatch shell, and much more. There are so many places I love in Boston especially Boston Commons and other parks. I can walk around this cities for hours and hours and never get board.

The Hatch Shell and all it's free concerts, movies in the park, and firework show on the 4th of July. This place is magical and I am so glad I went whenever I got a chance. Just to have another 4th of July here is already a dream come true.



Harvard Square not only did I enjoy working several jobs in this location but my father worked in this area and the great Harvard campus is so fun to walk around in.

The Science Museum, Museum of Fine Arts, Aquarium, Children's Museum and much more. It's a great city to have kids raised in because there is so much enjoyment, education, and history here.



I really enjoy some (not all) of the freedom trail (it is long but awesome) and the old churches and buildings that made up parts of our American History.

Cape Cod: I have so many fun memories of any and every beach I've been to. I love all the old towns and antique shops, the delicious sea food, and dear friends I spent so much time with.

Salem, MA with its witch trials, decor, and history. It's a good kind of spooky and such a lovely town.



Plymouth, MA... where the heritage of the pilgrims is told and relived.

Fenway Park one of the oldest baseball parks and where the famous Red Sox play of course. I enjoyed countless games here even if I had to stand due to the fact I got in for $7 because my father's deals.

Drive to Providence, RI a great city with its fire walk, great shopping mall, and a beautiful city only an hour away.

Newport, RI with its giant mansions, beautiful beaches and board walk. I had many friends here and lots of fun memories one which include my brother getting poison ivy.



Belmont LDS Temple, a place of refuge for me, a place I went so many teenage nights when I was discouraged and felt alone



Belmont square: a place I worked, enjoyed walking around and eating or shopping at all the cute stores. I love how each town has a square full of restaurants, dining, and shopping.

Franklin MA, a place I attended high school and middle school for a time. I made so many good friends, memories, and had amazing and hard experience here.


Wachusetts ski resort. I really learned how to snowboard on this little mountain and have so many fun memories of my little brother and his friends

Walden Pond a place I went summer after summer on so many hot days and enjoyed swimming and a spot on the opposite side of the pond more secluded a place were my friends and I did some crazy fun things.




Gloucester had a beautiful beach I went to a lot with close friends. Lots of BBQ's, good music, and great company.

This only names a few of the millions of things I enjoy about this gorgeous place. BOSTON STRONG always and forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment