Saturday, December 28, 2013

My daily routine


These are all simple things I've mentioned before or things everyone has heard, but this is why this is my daily routine...

IF YOU DO THESE THINGS I PROMISE YOU WILL ACCOMPLISH SO MUCH MORE
BE A BETTER YOU


1.) SLEEP, "early to bed early to rise"

What I've learned about myself is that sleep is everything when it comes to reaching my goals. If I don't sleep, it's hard for me to function at the speed I need to through out my day. I find it 10x harder to reach my health goals. This is why I have it as my #1. I find myself craving more sugar, wanting to overeat and consume more calories, I don't want to work out even if its something I love to do, and I don't treat the people around me the way I should. For those mom's out there I KNOW it's hard sometimes to balance sleep with children but those who are single you have no excuse.

You deserve the best rest
you deserve to treat your body needs with respect
YOU DESERVE BETTER CARE
Make it count!

I know the average person knows this but how many of us actually make it an effort to sleep and make it actually count?

Sleep is a precious gift to me as a mom and those days I get 6 hours strait with no interruptions is a treat. I feel energized, I accomplish more things and I am ready to serve others. I FUNCTION AT MY BEST, bottom line.

I challenge you to be intuitive and give yourself rest. IF YOUR A MOM get it when you can. Listen to your body and sleep when you need to sleep.  


2.) HEALTHY EATING. "you are what you eat"

I find that when I don't eat the right nutrition, I don't feel well. I know most people know this but why do we treat our bodies so poorly? Our bodies need the right fuel to balance our blood sugars, to circulate blood flow to our whole bodies, to provide proper energy to our brains and so much more. I don't think clearly when I don't eat right. Anyone with Celiac Disease knows first hand how important it is to eat right even if your still in the battle of not wanting to let gluten go and eating it everyday. YOU FEEL LIKE GARBAGE and you feel that fog in your brain. It's awful and it's something I choose each day to fight for. I LOVE TO EAT HEALTHY and I am glad I've been taught nutrition my whole life.

I also find that when I do give myself it's craving of high sugar foods, I enjoy them more and they are a gift/treat then something of no value. I also find that I no longer overeat or over indulge because my body tells me when to stop. The taste after a few bites isn't the same. I think high sugar foods are wonderful but only when eaten sparingly.

I challenge everyone to go off sugar for a week and then put it back into your diet. There are so many detox things in the world if that is something you choose. FASTING two meals is so healthy for you as well, not everyday of course but once a month. If you change the way you eat, make it habit, a goal, and have help to reach this goals! I PROMISE YOU, it will no longer become a struggle but a choice you will want to make. YOU WILL never want to go back .Even during the holidays when you may over eat the sweets for a week, you will want to go back to your old habits because it just doesn't feel good. I challenge you to get a health coach, find support and give your body a HEALHTY DIET.


3.) EXERCISE DAILY

I LOVE TO EXERCISE. I am so lucky my parents taught me to love the outdoors, to love to work out, to love to move my body, to treat my body with respect, to love getting my heart rate going and to love to sweat. I actually enjoy most anything that is recreational and I love to add new things each day. I strive to do things each day to make my body feel stronger. I love feeling in tune with my body. It's an incredible feeling.

I challenge you to find what you like to do when it comes to exercise. If you hate to gym, don't go to the gym find a place you feel safe and find your niche in life. If its dancing, running, lifting weights, walking, swimming, hiking, skiing/snowboarding, playing other sports, doing yoga, going to work out classes, having someone motivate you by having a personal trainer or whichever you choose. FIND what you love to do and make it a goal to do it. This is the key to learn to love to work out. YOUR BODY deserves you to take care of it. YOUR BODY needs you to increase your heart rate and circulate your blood flow. YOUR BODY needs to release endorphins and to sweat.

Other things you can do is, instead of taking an escalator or elevator, walk the stairs, instead of waiting to get the closes parking space, walk a further distance, choose to clean your house, get a dog that motivates you to walk them everyday. I encourage you to find a way to get more healthy and take care of your body. YOUR BODY IS BEAUTIFUL and these are just a few tools to feel better.



4.) HYDRATE we need at least 64 oz of water a day

I LOVE WATER. I've always been a water baby. I choose water over any other drink and I know this isn't the case for most people. I CHALLENGE you to choose to drink water. Drink water with a lime, with a lemon, with strawberries, with cucumbers if you need to. Get away from things that are not natural.

With someone whose been diagnosed with IBS and has been told I am always dehydrated due to complications and surgeries at a young age. I find I have not really struggled as much as I could because I hydrate myself. Hydration helps my find clarity, energy, clearer skin, healthier digestive, and allows me to be active.

Water helps me reach my health goals and is key to my survival as someone who struggles with health problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment